A couple of notes about latest LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 23 08:08:57 PDT 2000

> > > 1. Need to add --enable-shared to configure line for binutils.

Ok, it's added.

> I stil haven't figured out why libiberty won't compile shared.  From glancing
> over the configure scripts it --enable-shared should work.  Then again RedHat
> only gives you a static version, but we're better than that right?

Sure ;) But don't spend too much time on it. Ask yourself the question
is it worth it. It's just one single library and apparently gcc comes
with one and binutils comes with one. Both have the same name, but are
not compatible with eachother for some reason, so I don't think you want
to have it dynamically linked. Else either gcc or binutils might not
work anymore.

www.linuxfromscratch.org