Dependencies

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 23 18:51:09 PDT 2000

> Well, it still can't find it as /lib/libc.so
> The manpage for the version of ld installed says "-l(ar) looks for a file
> "lib(ar).a" which I assume is not the same thing as lib(ar).so

It's not the same, but it should look for it anyways.

Try this to see what's going on:
ld --verbose -lc

<cut a lot of stuff>
attempt to open /usr/lib/libc.so succeeded
opened script file /usr/lib/libc.so
attempt to open /lib/libc.so.6 succeeded
/lib/libc.so.6
attempt to open /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a succeeded
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; not setting start address
gerard:~$

www.linuxfromscratch.org