I think we're missing something...

Serguei Ostrovskii sostrovs at kns.com
Thu Aug 24 06:04:33 PDT 2000

Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> Yo,
>
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:39:20AM -0500, David D.W. Downey wrote:
> > Seems simple enough for me. If he was giving out the blueprints for making
> > just another distrib, he'd call it the LINUX FROM SCRATCH - How to
> > recreate existing distributions. with the sub title being How to knit pick
> > over implementation details.
>
> No offense but that nitpicking, just show you how easy it is to install LFS now
> compared to say version 1.2 where i started.
>
> But i agree with you... LFS isn't a distro, yet it's hard not to say it isn't
> either *winks*
>
> -

It is really amazing ... An individual asks his peers in the mailing list for
help... "Guys, how to set up a cron ? Which one to choose ?"
And receives about 20 messages of utter bullshit - "what should be in the book,
what the theoretically clean way is, what philosophical implications are, etc."
Does anybody remembers what the original message was about ?
Gentlemen, who are you ?
Decision makers ?
VPs in marketing ?
Corporate spokespersons ?
"Certified Linux-blah,blah, Creators-blah,blah ?"
Some other kind of the verbose nonentity ?
Suddenly I felt like I am in the wrong company.
Let me give you a honest advice - if you really want to please your ego, do
something for others.
No one will respect you just because "Next weekend I'm going to do ... blah".
It is just as interesting as "I'm sure I need to visit men's room right now".
What have you done ???
Can I see it ???
Has anybody seen "The Good, the Bad, the Ugly" ?
- If you came to shoot, then shoot, don't talk ...

Sergey Ostrovsky