Dependencies

John Arrowwood John.Arrowwood at merant.com
Thu Aug 24 08:54:39 PDT 2000

Actually, I figured it out last night.

Seems that my assumption was wrong:  You can't build a static binary by
linking in a shared object.  At least not with the version I'm using.  So, I
needed to install the static libc package on the host distribution.  Maybe
that isn't required on newer versions of gcc/ld, but for RedHat 4.2 that
seems to be the case.  So, fortunately, the problem is solved!