Static Link Compile of diff and sed

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 26 20:48:31 PDT 2000

> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>

> > Please download the 2.3.7 book and use the updated installation method.
> >
> > --
> > Gerard Beekmans
> > www.linuxfromscratch.org
> >
> > -*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-
>
> Alirght, I was just test driving the setup process, and thought the stable
> version would be a good start.  I'll go through the development version and
> follow that.   Is 2.3.7 now more-or-less the stable version, or close to it?

It's almost as close as it can get. I've uploaded a preview version of
2.4 to www.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS-2.4 and can be downloaded as
www.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS-2.4.tar.bz2

It's not the current version as I have here (haven't compiled new HTML
from SGML in a while) but it's good enough. There are just a few little
things that still have to be fixed, like adding the 'pts' directory to
'dev', take a look a the fstab file (I think there's something wrong.
Not really wrong, but something that might be confusing), add the 'mail'
directory under the 'var' directory and a few more. No real bugs, just
little add-ons to make things more complete.

www.linuxfromscratch.org