Static Link Compile of diff and sed

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 26 20:50:57 PDT 2000

> Yo,
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 10:02:32PM -0500, SL wrote:
> > Alirght, I was just test driving the setup process, and thought the stable
> > version would be a good start.  I'll go through the development version and
> > follow that.   Is 2.3.7 now more-or-less the stable version, or close to it?
>
> well if you want to wait... 2.4 (next stable release) is going to be released
> on Monday.
>
> I'm waiting... i want darkstar to be the first box running LFS 2.4 (well first
> Official release of 2.4 ;)
>
> Whee... *winks*

Sorry Jesse, shadowfax beat you to it. And phil.bcpub.com. And rgz.com.
And samples.celebclub.com (all boxes I built the last weeks) ;)

I'm 'fraid you have to settle for 5th. Those 4 boxes mentioned need to
be kept up-to-date so even before 2.4 is released those boxes are fully
2.4 compliant.

I think Ian is going to be the last to have 2.4 installed. At the rate
he is going on his xyz box (Ian what kind is it again? m86k?) it'll take
him literally a month. Didn't gcc take 17 hours to compile and didn't we
estimate that Glibc is going to need 48 to 72 hours to compile?

www.linuxfromscratch.org