2.4

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Aug 28 10:04:23 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 10:41:08AM -0700, Mark Stone wrote:
> I've been using 2.4pre for a while now, and it's pretty darn close to
> stable.

And everyone else i know is running 2.4, just like a year and a half ago with 2.2...
Yes it's stable and it has alot of nice things (better SMP support!) but if it's that stable when why don't they stop playing around and go gold... features can always be added.

Dunno...just my voice, i don't see why it's all that hard running 2.4 these days on LFS (the post has allready been posted several times and Gerard is just now setting up mailing list archiving on shadowfax), besides (IMHO) if your running 2.4 you shouldn't have to ask what you need to have... (minus that damn nsswitch.conf option)

Anyways...i'm mumbling...

.HIghoS (ok..enough off me.. *shuts up and will not post for the rest of the day*)
-