2.4

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Mon Aug 28 11:37:42 PDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 01:04:23PM -0400, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote: > >
> And everyone else i know is running 2.4, just like a year and a half ago
> with 2.2... > Yes it's stable and it has alot of nice things (better SMP
> support!) but if it's that stable when why don't they stop playing
> around
>and go gold... features can always be added. > > Dunno...just my voice, i

Well, try reading some kernel-related list or kt.linuxcare.org.
Feature-Freeze was a long time ago, They're only stabilizing. And as 2.4
runs on your all-day system doesn't necessarily mean it runs on every "we
want 2.4, too!" system. There are still some things deemed to change, so
we will have to wait some more weeks.

>mailing list archiving on shadowfax), besides (IMHO) if your running 2.4
>you shouldn't have to ask what you need to have... (minus that damn

Have a look at the recommended gcc-version for kernel-compiling: They're
very slowly changing from 2.7.XXX to 2.95.2

You should really show some more patience.

hvb

--
"Denken sie auch, oder schlurfen sie nur sinnlos ueber die Erde?" (Kafka)