Glibc Optimizations?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 28 11:38:30 PDT 2000

> I seem to remeber using optimization flags (eg $CFLAGS) on glibc.  Now that
> optimization stuff is moved after we build glibc (which isn't rebuilt) glibc
> won't be optimized. Perhaps one can't optimize glibc; if this is the case
> sorry for this letter.

You can optimize Glibc. I guess I haven't thought of it when I moved it
around. I have run my LFS systems with optimizations for a while now and
another system without. I cannot see any performance difference, so I
reall start to wonder why we do it. Perhaps it's easier on the CPU, but
I don't think it will make that big of a difference. Opinions?

www.linuxfromscratch.org