immunix 6.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 28 13:29:34 PDT 2000

> Have just received a copy of WireX's Immunix 6.2 . It has a "security
> enhanced C Compiler". Supposed to help against stack smashing attacks
> & other ne'er do well
> inspired hijinks.    Inquiry:.......
>
> Using this (red hat 6.2 ish ) as the base sys to construct the LFS
> sys; would I be running into any problems when compile time rolls
> around? I am hoping that the compiling twixt this "security enhanced"
> compiler and a 'normal' compiler would have little or no problems. Has
> any body had any experience with using this (Immunix) distro for our
> nefarious plot??

I haven't heard anybody mentioning he/she is using it and I myself
aren't using it either. I guess you'll just have to try and see. If the
compiler is mostly gcc compliant it shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps
certain optimization levels don't work, but you'll find out soon enough
(if it isn't supported a well written compiler should inform you about
it).

www.linuxfromscratch.org