Great find, but now I need help...

John Arrowwood John.Arrowwood at merant.com
Mon Aug 28 16:14:47 PDT 2000

I just happened to find that my work was throwing away two laptops, both
compaq 486/25 machines.  That will be great for running a scaled down linux.

However, it is so old, it doesn't have a CD-ROM drive, nor PCMCIA
connections.  All it has is a floppy drive and a hard disk of unknown size.
Any suggestions of how I might be able to get Linux on there?  Maybe a linux
boot disk that allows me to PPP over a serial connection to my other linux
box?  It'd be a slow link, but then everything on that system will be slow,
so what's the big deal?

Thoughts, suggestions, tips?