Great find, but now I need help...

Mark Stone mstone at valinux.com
Tue Aug 29 06:43:08 PDT 2000

I've done exactly this on an old Toshiba 486/25 laptop. My procedure was
to install Debian, and to do it as follows:
1) Make necessary floppy disks. That comes out to something like 9 disks
right now (boot, modules, and 7 base). A pain, but bearable.
2) Get a minimal base system installed on Debian. Crucially, this includes
networking. I chose to go with PLIP.
3) Get a paraport to paraport laplink cable.
4) Get PLIP up and running.
5) Apt-get install whatever else you need beyond the base system.

Mark