a little requiest

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Aug 29 20:33:59 PDT 2000

Yo,

Ok, everyone CLAM DOWN...take a deep breath, allright, we don't need another flame war.

<ramble mode>

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 10:43:57PM -0500, David D.W. Downey wrote:
> Dude, what the hell is your problem? This guy is doing this cause he WANTS
> to. he doesn't HAVE to.

Good description... eveyone keep that in mind, and don't take it too personally ;)

> Well I certainly don't see you offering to take over writing certain
> sections of the book, nor do I see you offering to proof read/write the
> book, NOR do i see you offering to tech the book for accuracy.

Thomas "Balu" Walter was writting a small Errata IIRC over at http://www.b-a-l-u.de/LFS/
I can't speak for him, if he still is or not...though he's installing 2.4 on sparc so w00t =)

I've done LFS-2.4 twice allready (yeah i have fast boxes =) and i did it by the book, i had _no_ problems whatsoever, hell the second time i Copy+pasted.

Most of the bugs that are in 2.4 are syntax errors for commands (though it's hard to even say there errors, really 2.4 is stable) or minor typos/grammer, nothing that's not expected in a book/program/project that's in heavy development like LFS is right now.

Gerard is not a tech support line, neither is this mailing list (that's harsh i know but listen) all of us here help because we _want_ to and we care about LFS.

Now, trust me, if you have a problem and you post here, and you have a little patience one way or another it will eventually be fixed (reminds me of the 2.3.2 e2fsprog bug)

The mailing list archives are back up, whenever i have a problem with a program i don't just look for an update, i'll check the mailing list archives, or hop on #IRC and ask a few questions.

</ramble mode>

Now, if you want to _help_ LFS growth, then now would be a nice time to speak up... Time is the most important thing (imho) that a person can give to someone or something.

LFS 2.5.1 will be released in less then three weeks, ALFS is startin to take shape _right now_, and the LFS InfoSystem should start development soon.

Those are three projects that Gerard has to keep up with, give him so slack guys... and he has work to ya know =P

linuxfromscratch.org has just moved to a new box, Richard just finished the new website (had to convert it to straigh PHP and not PHP/MySQL) there's lots going on, more then most ppl know.

LFS has come a long way, with help from a lot of ppl, i remenber first doing 1.2...i'm not about to even try and compare the difference and the amount of the bugs that have been fixed nor how much nicer the process is or....

But anyways... i've problably ticked someone off or at least said something i shouldn't have (like the 2.4 thread) but i'm young (17 years) and full of passion and i don't regret anything.

*shrugs* Just have patiences...

-