Static Link Compile of diff and sed

Wed Aug 30 09:49:24 PDT 2000

Hello,

> I think Ian is going to be the last to have 2.4 installed. At the rate
> he is going on his xyz box (Ian what kind is it again? m86k?) it'll take
> him literally a month. Didn't gcc take 17 hours to compile and didn't we
> estimate that Glibc is going to need 48 to 72 hours to compile?

It's a M68k (68030) with an MVME147 system and has 8MB RAM

Just entered the chroot, created devs and it's compiling gcc dynamically now.... The static stage took a week (using 2.3.7, now switched to 2.4 for chroot bit).

I didn't type all the commands in, but scripted it...

It took 9 hours for binutils, 29 hours for gcc and 67 hours for glibc!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : ian at ichilton.co.uk              |