shadow password suite install possible correction

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Wed Aug 30 12:11:45 PDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 01:44:11PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > Yes, I realize that lfs-discuss doesn't care about KDE, it is subject of
> > lfs-apps, indeed I'm posting this message here
> > because it _might_ imply a 2-cents change to the book. I believe this
> > explanation being sufficient to forgive me.
>
> I wonder if that should be done. The Makefile.in file doesn't say "it's
> private blah blah" for nothing. I've put it on the TODO list and will address
> it in due time.

Last version of shadow is 20000826 and it says about this lib:

# remove the libshadow.so -> libshadow.so.x.x symlink, because this
# library is for internal use by this package only.  Shadow support
# is in libc and no one should be using -lshadow anymore.

So the KDE-people are having a problem here. I don't like this heavyweight
crap anyway. But better somebody points them to this before they're
seriously injuring someone. 8-)

hvb

--
"Denken sie auch, oder schlurfen sie nur sinnlos ueber die Erde?" (Kafka)