news server availability

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 30 16:28:43 PDT 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> For the past couple of days I haven't been able to access the news
> server at pcrdallas.com. I recall a discussion about changing news
> servers. If pcrdallas.com is no longer the news server, where is the
> new one?

it's still the newsserver but it was having problems so it has been brought
down. I don't know it's status. I'm not sure if I will setup a newsserver on
shadowfax but I might. I might not. The newsserver thing seemed like a big
pain to setup so I don't know if I want to start with that right now. I've
got a ton of other things that need to be done first.

www.linuxfromscratch.org