Required/Recommended/Optional packages

L Vogtmann vogtmann at pioneernet.net
Thu Aug 31 09:05:00 PDT 2000

No, AFAIK lilo uses bin86 to create the actual boot sector that it installs into the MBR.

Of course, once the boot sector has been installed, the entire lilo package is no longer needed.  (I'd feel better having it around in case something broke though.)

--
Vmann <vogtmann at pioneernet.net>
PGP <http://www.pioneernet.net/vogtmann/PGP.asc>