Error running /Sbin.lilo

Noel Lagas botchok112 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 07:03:25 PST 2000

Hi everyone,

When I executed /sbin/lilo after compiling the kernel, I got these error
messages:

Warning: current root is not on the first disk
Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Fatal: Not a number: "/dev/hdc3"

I checked my /etc/lilo.conf, it almost like the exact copy as listed in the
book. Anyway, here is how my /etc/lilo.conf copy looked like:

image=/boot/lsfkernel
	label=lfs
	root=/dev/hdc3
	readonly

I need some help to fix this and continue. TIA

Noel

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org