lfs-2.4.3 - glibc installing

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Fri Dec 1 17:37:39 PST 2000

+-Matthias Benkmann-(mbenkmann at gmx.de)-[02.12.00 02:31]:

> > Ever thought of a new/additional machine?
>
> Why would that require more than just copying the system? Unless it's a
> whole new architecture (i.e. PowerPC instead of x86) all that I would have
> to recompile is the kernel. All of the other programs I can just copy
> unchanged.

One thing why I am using is LFS is the optimization for every package -
If you compile all your programs for i386 you are right. But mine is AMD
Thunderbird - if I want to put that on our little 486-router it won't
work.

And sometimes even a Linux-system needs a cleanup :) And redoing
everything from scratch is often easier to do that.

     Balu

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org