lfs-2.4.3 - glibc installing

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Sat Dec 2 04:23:18 PST 2000

upgrading your compiler and/or glibc are sufficient reasons to rebuild lfs.
The same "old timer" mentality that keeps people using programs like vi
made me create scripts for the install of every lfs package. I also have
scripts for all packages that i use  that are not part of lfs ( X , gnome,
printing, mail , etc). I put all of these scripts in a meta script and now
I can create a new lfs based system with very little effort.
On a fast pc this only takes about 2 hours for the lfs part of the system
(about 10 minutes of my time).
So there is very little reason not to create a new lfs system for even the
most trivial reasons.
Every couple of months , I check out where the LFS book has changed and if
I like the changes , I incorporate them.

JPD