lfs-2.4.3 - glibc installing

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Dec 2 06:21:05 PST 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 01:51:56AM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I doubt that many people install an LFS system more than once. Why would
> I? As an LFS system is source based, it's easily upgraded until the end of
> time. I doubt I'll ever install another LFS system once I get mine
> working. I might *copy* it to a different machine or harddisk, but I won't
> go through the actual installation again.

I use to have four boxes on my LAN, but one died so, i'll take three,
and i have one server in banff that i maintain.

quasar.highos.com is running LFS-2.3.2, with a HOLE whack load of stuff.
darkstar.highos.com is running LFS-2.4.2, my main desktop machine, there
was a huge difference from 2.4.2 to 2.3.2, it is easier for me to just
do 2.4.2
binary.highos.com i just started doing 2.4.3.

columbus.destinationbanff.com is a pure server running 2.3.5b.

I hope you see what i mean...if i only copied 2.3.2, i would be missing
all the stuff that has happened in them since then.

And it's not a big deal for me, quasar is a Dual Piii 750, columbus is a
Dual Piii 500, darkstar is a Piii 750, and binary is a Athlon
(Thunderbird) 900.

These are just the three boxes on my lan right now, and the server in
banff, not counting the boxes and seem to come and go in here (like my
old laptop, pulsar.highos.com, etc ;)

One of the reasons to, redo LFS on a box is to upgrade it..like 2.3.2 is
using termcap, which i would really like to upgrade and just use
ncurses, etc... but those are just the 2.3->2.4, there was a HUGE
difference from 1.x->2.x->2.3+

I have done LFS too many times...reason i'm working and loving ALFS
*winks*

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org