LFS on different architectures

tristan twem2 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 2 06:55:07 PST 2000

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> One of the things i'm really interested in (besides ALFS) is porting
> LFS to non-x86 hardware, which is kinda hard for me todo, considering i
> only own x86 hardware.  So i have been thinking about buying some new
> hardware after christmas..this isn't your average new hardware, it's a
> Sun Ultra10 Sparc Workstation to help out porting the LFS Book (and sub-projects) to
> other non-x86 systems.  There are two others architectures i want to
> port LFS to, which are Alpha and StronARM/ARM (ya know..those cute
> little NetWinders), but i can only afford a new system like an Ultra10
> only once in a while..

At home I have access to 3 different Acorn ARM based computers and I've
had it in mind for a while to try porting LFS to them. I don't know when
I'll actually get round to it though, although I do have a year until I'm
back at university (which does create problems with downloading though).
First thing is to sort out my x86 box though... (and then when I get some
money try and get my hands on the new dual processor ARM computer...)

*hugs*
tristan

--
Take a chance and step outside,