[OT] Re: LFS editor of choice should be vi

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Dec 2 11:18:52 PST 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:00:16PM -0700, ken_i_m wrote:
> I think it is safe to say that I fit Jesse's "the avid-learner" profile. I
> am a 39 year-old carpenter that is trying to learn enough about 'these here
> bits and bytes' so that I don't have to put my toolbelt on to make a
> living. I am currently laid up at home with a broken foot as I dropped a 20
> foot long beam on it. Which goes a long way towards explaining why I want
> out of something I enjoy doing.

I just have to add, this is very good to hear, i know what kind of life
it is working like that (i am young, only 17, but that isn't the point ;)

When i was 14, i first came to Canmore, Alberta, i was working on a job
for my uncle (and my Dad was also working there) he had spend the last
bit of money to get a plane ticket for me here and back three months
later (this was over the summer), as it is, i learned just how expensive
it is to live on your own, as durning the last month, i payed for
everything, and it wasn't all that bad, because when your 14 and have
money in your pocket and your paying, you get todo anything *g*

But anyways, my Dad has been in that business for the last 25 years, and
when i started working this last winter (don't ask why i started working
when i was 16, it had todo with a new company and a "linux solution" :)
it allowed him not to have to work outside, which has made a _large_
different for a man that's over 40 and has been doing it for so long.

I do wish you luck, that's something my Uncle has actually just finished
doing last year, now he gets to admin NT boxes for the Goverment (geez,
he took the two evil stops in one go *g*)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org