lfs 2.4.3 bash compiling problem

Zheng, Bo bz at chem.duke.edu
Sun Dec 3 12:56:55 PST 2000

hi, here is the error info i got after i executed "make" command.

gcc -L./builtins -L./lib/readline -L./lib/readline -L./lib/glob
-L./lib/tilde -L./lib/malloc -L./lib/sh -static -rdynamic  -g -O2 -o bash
shell.o eval.o y.tab.o general.o make_cmd.o print_cmd.o  dispose_cmd.o
execute_cmd.o variables.o copy_cmd.o error.o expr.o flags.o jobs.o subst.o
hashcmd.o hashlib.o mailcheck.o trap.o input.o unwind_prot.o pathexp.o
sig.o test.o version.o alias.o array.o braces.o bracecomp.o bashhist.o
bashline.o siglist.o list.o stringlib.o locale.o findcmd.o redir.o
pcomplete.o pcomplib.o xmalloc.o -lbuiltins -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap
-lglob -ltilde -lmalloc -lsh
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltermcap
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bash] Error 1

i did setup the libncurses symlink before i did the configuration. my OS
is mandrake 7.2. CPU is PII 350, if this is useful. i did successfully
installed bash on the same machine by using turbolinux(workstation 6.0)
before i rebuilt everything.

so could anyone help me out here? thanks!

bo

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org