[OT] Roggenfloggen - nerdfood-HOWTO

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 4 12:24:48 PST 2000

> This mail is intentionally sent to the mailinglist instead to the
> original author, hoping this to be a "big fat hint" for the maintainer
> of the list... please consider to change that "reply-to" problem.

Then everybody ends up replying to the original author and often CC'ing to
the mailinglist. Not will that increase my inbox from (several hundred emails
*2) but everyboyd else will receive double copies as well and nobody really
likes that. I always hated that aspect of lists where people reply personally
and CC to the list. it's in my opinion if you want to send a personal message
it's not hard to change the To: header (and it's only sporadic you will want
to do that anyways).

We have discussed this issue lengthly more than once on this list and
everybody agrees with and likes the current reply-setup.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org