mail archives slow

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 15:24:03 PST 2000

> As you see there are quit a few options. Give me some time please. I do need
> time to implement this but I'll try my best to accomodate your and other
> people's needs.

If it's not in sync with the list, don't bother. The current HTML serves
that need. l still wonder what's so hard about extracting the plain text
of a mail message and concatenating it with a plain text archive file
whenever a new mail arrives, probably deleting lines at the other end (to
get a sliding window). That file could be ftp'd to the appropriate server
every 15 minutes. Sounds like something an ordinary shell script could do.
sed to kill the mail headers, cat for the concatenating and tail to do the
sliding window stuff. Something like that.

MSB

----

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org