/etc/init.d/ethnet

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 4 17:36:50 PST 2000

> I came up with an another one....
>
> What about virtual/multiple ips?
>
> The way RH etc. does it is taking all the eth0:x devices
> in a directory and starts them up. How can LFS have
> this feature also????

I beat you to it. When I modified that Redhat script for use on mickey and
jerry I added it to LFS-2.4.3:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/view/intel-2.4.3/ch09-bootscripts.html

That chapter is a mess, I'm already cleaning it up for 2.4.4
But near the bottom I wrote down some rambles (needs some serious
elaboration) that do just what you just proposed

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org