Compilation of make

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 5 10:15:05 PST 2000

> I am using gcc 2.95.2 from my original system and glibc 2.2. Do you think
> that compiling my new gcc and use it to compile make may help ?

starting with glibc-2.2 causes a lot of problems. You want to read through
the mailinglist archives and use the search engine to find  related
information. There are a number of patches that you have to apply to packages
(glibc, gcc, fileutils, others) before you can compile them

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org