boot problems...proc?

Davin Carlson davin at bethlehembooks.com
Tue Dec 5 11:31:08 PST 2000

>[...]
>> 13:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
>> 14:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4

>Are you missing a : here?
>> 15:5:wait/etc/init.d/rc 5

>Are you missing a : here?
>> 16:6:wait/etc/init.d/rc 6

>[ ... ]

>Kurt

You're right. I guess I needed someone with fresh eyes to point this out
to me :^). This takes care of the inittab error lines. However, I'm
still getting the same message about /proc:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly
Freeing unused kernel memory: 56k freed
INIT: version 2.78 booting
Activating swap...Adding swap: 104380k swap-space (priority -1)
                            [ OK ]
Checking file systems...
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining
whether
/dev/hda7 is mounted.
/dev/hda7: clean, 17668/288576 files, 82979/576324 blocks
                            [ OK ]
setting clock...
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
Starting system log daemon...can't create lock file /etc/mtab~21:
Read-only file system (use -n flag to override)
pidof: mount returned not-zero exit status
pidof: /proc not mounted, failed to mount
                            [ FAILED ]
Starting kernel log daemon...can't create lock file /etc/mtab~26:
Read-only file system (use -n flag to override)
pidof: mount returned not-zero exit status
pidof: /proc not mounted, failed to mount.
                            [ OK ]
(none) login:

Davin

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org