0>&1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 6 12:15:30 PST 2000

On December  6, 2000 09:39 am, you wrote:
> What does the 0>&1 in the stty line in the rc script mean?
> Doesn't this make the stdin file descriptor refer to the same object as
> stdout? This doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. First of all, stty
> doesn't expect input from stdin, does it? And secondly, if it was
> expecting input, reading from stdout wouldn't normally work, would it?

I have wondered that myself as well quite a while. I've tried to find out the
meaning of this (it's not a typo unless the original author made this typo
when he sent me this script) but have been unsuccessful. Also I don't think
that stty line is necesarry and I'm thinking about removing it all together

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org