boot disk problem

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Dec 6 13:14:51 PST 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:57:59PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> linear
> lba32

id' try this first, using a bootdisk is always a hack ;)

> From: "ken_i_m" <ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com>
> > the down box. This results in the box being unable to find the bootstrap
> > loader.
> > Either I am way down a dead-end road or I am close. One thing I am sure is
> > that there has got to be an easier way. At any rate, my hair loss has
> > experienced a huge surge this morning. Please help ken prevent hair loss.

mke2fs /dev/fd0
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
cd /mnt/floppy
cat >lilo.conf<< "EOF"
boot=/dev/fd0
prompt
timeout=1200

image=/boot/<your kernel image name>
    root=/dev/<your root partition>
    label=linux
    read-only
EOF
lilo -C /mnt/floppy/lilo.conf
umount /mnt/floppy

(note: i havent' tested this, it's just an example of what you can do,
it's pretty well that simple, a little hacking in /mnt/floppy/lilo.conf
may be needed)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org