bootscripts?

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Wed Dec 6 13:49:10 PST 2000

I'm totally puzzled about the LFS bootscripts. Could someone briefly
explain to me what the different runlevels are used for. The setup seems
pretty different from my SuSE system.
I've never actually dealt with sysvinit boot scripts before so excuse me
if I'm completely off track here but it seems that only the single user
run level does something useful. And runlevel 6 (isn't that one normally
used for X?) as well as runlevel 0 shut down.
Now which scripts are actually started when an LFS system boots up.
And which are started when I do "telinit x" ?

MSB

----
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just
1-1/2 tons.

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org