bash problems

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 7 04:48:39 PST 2000

On December  6, 2000 11:42 pm, you wrote:
> Some more informations:
> the problem is either in the make process or the configure process. The
> make tests fails completely when it is tried. I built the shell again
> using: ../configure
> make
> and it passed the make tests
> so i am assuming the problem is in one of the flags.
> So i tried it without ncurses. didn't work.
> I tried it without --enable-static-link : it worked.
> So what can I do to remedy the problem?

The bash you create in chapter 5 must be statically linked and thus you have
to pass --enable-static-link

To check whether bash ended up statically or not can be verify by running:
ldd $LFS/bin/bash after you installed it. It should say that it's statically
linked or "not a dynamic executable" which means the same.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org