bash problems

Matt Andrews mqatrombone at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:27:19 PST 2000

----Original Message Follows----
From: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: bash problems
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 07:48:39 -0500

>The bash you create in chapter 5 must be statically linked and thus >you
>have
>to pass --enable-static-link
>
>To check whether bash ended up statically or not can be verify by >running:
>ldd $LFS/bin/bash after you installed it. It should say that it's
> >statically
>linked or "not a dynamic executable" which means the same.

I guess I didn't explain the problem clearly, so I'll try again:
Bash does not compile correctly when ./configure is passed the
--enable-static-link flag.

I tried checking with ldd. Here is the exact set of commands I used:
../configure --enable-static-link --with-curses --prefix=$LFS \
	--bindir=$LFS/bin --disable-nls &> bashconfigure.log &&
tail bashconfigure.log
make &> bashmake.log &&
tail bashmake.log &&
ldd bash

the result:
/usr/bin/ldd: ./bash: No such file or directory

this was all executed from the $LFS/usr/src/bash-2.04 directory.

I am also getting several lines like this during the make process:

gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSHELL  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I. -I..  -I..
-I../include -I../lib -I.  -g -O2 alias.c || ( rm -f alias.c ; exit 1 )
rm -f alias.c

I could be wrong, but I don't think i want to see the rm -f alias.c.

Matt

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org