[georgn at somanetworks.com: linux-2.4.0-test11 and sysklogd-1.3-31]

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Thu Dec 7 14:55:05 PST 2000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 07:49:35AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> have you guys tried sysklogd-1.4?

Of course, and it had to be patched, too.

Some more mystic things:

sysvinit and util-linux break on make install:

root - user not found

as it tries
install -o root -g root -m 755 init ... /sbin

changing root and group to -o 0 and -g 0 makes it working

passwd and group file are as needed, all others packages don't complain

So now i have a working glibc-2.2 lfs 8-)

no computers on weekend

Who wants to join in writing the glibc-2.2 hint? I only patched gcc and
sysklogd as far as i can see back now 8-)

Hendrik

--
"When a bug is found, Alan sends me a patch, and I sprinkle holy
penguin pee on it, and it magically becomes official."

## Linux 2.4.0-test11 running on an i586 ##

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org