Network software problem..

StrandedInLodi at aol.com StrandedInLodi at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 22:20:32 PST 2000

Hello all,
 I recently installed the network software as described in the LFS online
manual and have come accross a problem. I cannot ping myself, or any other
computer on the network. I am using a network card compliant to nec2000pci (I
had it working on my beginning distro). I enabled it in the kernel (not a
module) and the interface seems to come up okay when booting. Another thing
that I noticed is that my login prompt still says "(none) login:", which may
may have something to do with it but maybe that is just normal. The following
are errors that I recieve.

ping <My IP address>
nieghbor table overflow

ping localhost