Why boot scripts in /etc

Michael Renzmann mrenzmann at compulan.de
Thu Dec 7 23:20:40 PST 2000

Hi.

> Why are the LFS boot scripts in /etc when the usual place seems to be
> /sbin. After all, they're executables.

Erm... at least any distribution I know of stores the boot scripts in
/etc/init.d with links to these scripts in /etc/rc/rcX.d or /etc/rcX.d.
I don´t know any distro that stores them in /sbin, and never heard
someone to want this. Isn´t sysv-init-style something like a standard?
Just curious.

> The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago -
> The second best is now!

Well, 20 years ago I was 5 years old... would have been hard work to
plant a tree :))

Bye, Mike

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org