Pb with sysvinit

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 8 09:49:06 PST 2000

On December  8, 2000 12:15 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new with LFS and when i try to install sysvinit (ref: LFS-HOWTO chapter
> 5.1 ) it says to put ROOT = $LFS in the Makefile
>
> But when I do 'make install' i have some errors :
> install -o root -g root -m 755 halt init killall5 sulogin \
> 	runlevel shutdown FS/sbin
> install: installing multiple files, but last argument (FS/sbin) is not a
> directory
>

> But if I replace $(ROOT) with the content of $LFS (aka: /mnt/hda5 ) the
> installation is ok !
>
> Where I am wrong ?

You are using a very old version of LFS apparently. It hasn't been a HOWTO
for a very long time. It's a book now. There are a lot of things that have
been improved upon since it changed into a book, no more installing almost
every package static before rebooting, we don't even have to reboot in
between anymore. You want to go to the LFS website and download the latest
version of the book which is version 2.4.3 at the moment.

Advice is to start From Scratch again.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org