Glibc installing problem

Shlok Smári Datye shlok at ript.net
Fri Dec 8 10:03:28 PST 2000

Hi

I'm installing my LFS system and I'm in chapter 5 trying to install Glibc.
The glibc path works fine, but when I configure just like the book explains
(except I have my sources in $LFS/usr/src/sources folder) then the I get
error and it doesn't work. The last lines of the output were:

checking for .previous assembler directive... yes
checking for assembler .weak directive... yes
checking for ld --no-whole-archive... yes
checking for gcc -fexceptions... yes
checking for DWARF2 unwind info support... static
checking for __builtin_expect... no
running configure fragment for
.../sources/glibc-2.1.3/linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
running configure fragment for
.../sources/glibc-2.1.3/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later.  This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
files.  To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers.

Anyone got idea what I should do?

Thanks.
--