procps sed command

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 8 10:42:20 PST 2000

On November 25, 2000 06:13 pm, you wrote:
> The procps installation includes a sed command that according to the
> explanation is used to prevent building of XConsole which can't be built
> without X.
> That does not apply to the version of the procps package used in the LFS
> book. In that version, XConsole is just a script that starts xconsole. So
> the sed command is not necessary. It just prevents the script from being
> copied.

My original reply was wrong. I just noticed I must have run the test outside
chroot. Here's what happens when you are inside chroot and try to install
procps the normal way (make && make install). the make process is fine, as it
always was. The real problem is in the install phase:

install --mode a=rx XConsole //usr/X11R6/bin/XConsole
install: cannot create regular file `//usr/X11R6/bin/XConsole': No such file
or directory

If you were to just stop there, a couple of man pages won't be copied. So
that's why we sed Makefile to comment out XConsole

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org