way to go Microsoft

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Fri Dec 8 12:02:19 PST 2000

At 12:27 PM 12/8/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Gerard Beekmans [gerard at linuxfromscratch.org] wrote:
> > <bdumm> "According to a BugTraq administrative note, they are no longer
> able
> > to publish Microsoft Bulletins. They are copyrighting their bug reports so
> > that others can not publish them."
> >
>As I understood the discussion on BugTraq (I'm subscribed) is that the
>moderator is only allowing emails that detail the ENTIRE bug.  That is
>emails that only point to web site are not allowed on BugTraq.  Since MS
>send emails to BugTraq point to their web site, they will not be
>send to the BugTraq mailing list...
>
>  Kurt

It was two seperate posts. One post concerned notices that lacked content.
A second post concerned the Microsquish issue. Though I am loath to argue
that they are not related. There is the timing to be considered. That is,
the No Content Advisories was two days before the notice M$ post:

08:42 AM 12/5/00 -0800 Administrivia: No Content Advisories
08:29 PM 12/7/00 -0800 Administrivia: No More Microsoft Bulletins

M$ has obvisiously not considered the full implications of this. Knowledge
and data regarding the bugs in there products will continue to widely
distributed on hard drives all over the planet yet how to patch and/or
otherwise work-arounds will be limited to the constantly churning (with no
re-directions) Microsquash webservers and the hard drives of MickeySoft
drones which have not yet crashed/fdisk/os re-install-ed.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org