possible solution for: 'can not guess host type' problem

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 15:21:42 PST 2000

> > I forgot to follow the "Creating necessary symlinks" part
> > in the "Installing GCC on the LFS system" section:
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/intel-2.4.3/ch05-gcc.html
>
> That actually has always been the common reply from my end anyway to check if
> you created the cc symlink.

Another tip you could always give people is to look into config.log which
is created by configure. If a file is missing, a message regarding this
will usually show up. I had the same misleading message that it can't
guess the host type a while ago but in my case it was a missing header
file.

MSB

----
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org