Additional questions

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Sun Dec 10 13:45:20 PST 2000

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Ghovs wrote:

> > 2. Any ideas where I can get started setting up my sound card (Sound
> > Blaster AWE 64). (RedHat had soundconfig which did it all automatically)?
>
> Check your kernel, and perhaps isapnptools

Actually, with a 2.2 kernel you won't need no isapnp. My AWE64 works fine
with 2.2.14 and pnp support enabled in the kernel. modprobe sb io=0x220
irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 does its job fine :)

> > 3. Any ideas where I can get started setting up my mouse?
>
> For the console, you can use `gpm -t ps2` to have cut&paste work there.
> X should pick up your mouse automagically.

gmp will require texinfo in order to compile (what's that, btw? I don't
have gpm installed right because of that texinfo stuff... anyway it does
not come with latex, which I _do_ have installed)

florin.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org