rc?

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Mon Dec 11 09:54:20 PST 2000

On Sunday 10 December 2000 23:07, Jorgen Johnson gave us this to ponder:

> > just exactly does rc stand for anyways?

I read this somewhere recently... The new "UNIX System Administration
Handbook, 3rd Ed" I think..? Good book. Anyway, it apparently is short
for "run command".

Example: Init scripts and "run command directories (rc.d)" essentially do
just that. They run the particular commands contained in the scripts and
directories.
--
Regards,
J.A. Neitzel