Why boot scripts in /etc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 11 12:32:24 PST 2000

> It does make it a little more cleaner, but i'm too lazy to change it, so
> i leave it like so...

I'm thinking about changing to /etc/rc.d too just to make it cleaner (one of
few things I like about Redhat is the way they do their boot scripts). I've
also been thinking about changing to /sbin or whereever. But i also have to
consider what the conventions are out there. Sometimes it means "go with the
flow" and sometimes I don't care about that and do what I or we think is
best. I haven't made my mind up on this boot script issue yet.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org