New user skeleton

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 11 12:47:01 PST 2000

On December 11, 2000 09:46 am, you wrote:
> A suggestion that it would be nice to have in place a "skeleton - or
> whatever you call it" so that when you add a new user, there is some
> default that is half way decent.  Does LFS use a package that has this
> type of info?  I would think that you are not suppose to lots of
> things as root, that adding one account would be the norm.

use the shadow password suite, which you already are. when you pass the -m
parameter to useradd it will create the new /home/<user> dir, copy the files
from /etc/skel to /home/<userdir> and chown newuser.newuser those files in
/home/user that came from /etc/skel

> I also noted there is no /etc/profile or such.
>
> Not sure if either of this are LFS worthy...

Not for in the book no.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org