modules - additional

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Mon Dec 11 17:14:49 PST 2000

At 06:30 PM 12/11/00 -0600, Jeremy wrote:
>Unresolved symbols in modules..
>
>I've seen one of three things cause this.
>
>1.  Missing/old /boot/System.map file.  cp the /usr/src/linux/System.map
>file to /boot.  If it doesn't exist, create it with nm kernel-image
>(/usr/src/linux/vmlinuz) > /boot/System.map.

OK, I forgot to cp the System.map over to /boot. Did

# depmod -F /boot/System.map

no complaints.

Now I have to figure out how to add modprobe to the bootscript. Then I can
work on why it is not loading my PCI IDE controller card? dmesg shows that
the kernel sees it out there but it does not seem to be probing it to find
the drive that is hanging off of it.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org