Why boot scripts in /etc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 12 11:34:45 PST 2000

> I really like the way SuSE has it - they included links called rc* which
> are in your path and can be called to restart services and such...

for the people with the argument that if you put the scripts in /sbin you can
execute them easier: it takes about 20 seconds to type this command (yes I
timed it):

echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/etc/init.d' >> /root/.bash_profile
echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/etc/init.d' >> /root/.bashrc

-who.forgot.to.add.this.in.his.last.mail-lu

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org