bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 12 11:44:43 PST 2000

On December 12, 2000 01:38 pm, you wrote:
> At 01:32 PM 12/12/00 -0500, Wiley wrote:
> >Check the #!/whereever/whatever at the top of configure.
>
> #! /bin/sh
>
> Ah, I seem to have missed the symlink in /bin.
>
> Thank you,
>
> P.S. Jesse: How is that ALFS project working? I think it is time for me to
> let scripts take over the repetitive tasks.

There aren't as many people actively working on ALFS as me and Jesse had
orignally hoped for (hopefully Jesse hasn't regretted to take the offer to
lead ALFS yet ;) We're still expecting that more people will start helping
out once something that works has been released. But it's easy going. I
myself have to split my time between LFS and ALFS, but I have made a decision
to do no coding on ALFS, or at least to the very minimum. I just know what
will happen once I start coding. Nobody else codes so I take over since
"somebody gotto do it". I just can't do that. This means that currently Bryan
(our employer) is working on a perl backend (but he has to run a company as
well so he has not all the time in the world to work on it understandably)
and Jesse works on whatever he works on (miscelaneous things like backend,
profile, racks his brain on IPC and so forth). What am I doing for ALFS? Not
a whole lot to be honest, I'm not the project leader (well I'm the 'global'
leader if you will. I oversee it but am not leading the ALFS subproject).
I've worked on the profile and am still waiting to improve it (after bryan's
done with his modifications to the profile).

If anybody here is interested in helping out just subscribe to alfs-discuss
and let us know what you are able to do (programming wise). We still need
quite a bit of help

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org