bash and sh

Brett generica at email.com
Wed Dec 13 01:33:44 PST 2000

Hey,

Yes, you're right...

What happens is that when bash is run, it checks whether it was called as
sh or bash, and either uses proper bash mode, or sh mode...
The same thing happens with csh/tcsh, or vi/vim, for that matter.

since bash is a superset of sh, it can run in 'restricted' sh mode quite
easily, eliminating the need for (a probably unsupported) sh install.

	/ Brett

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org